Aspose.PDF 24.2

Not able to perform BindXml (Using Aspose.Pdf.Document)
Given input parameters - XML and XSL file path , same file is working on older version 17.1.0 but for Aspose .PDF 24.2.0 is not working.
Migrating dot net application from dot net core 3.2 to dot net 7.0 using Aspose.PDF
Request you to please help on this

@manish.kushwaha
There was a similar question here

Approximately starting from these versions (17.1), changes were made (for which I did not find descriptions) and now other XML documents (schema) are used. For the file that was attached by user, edits were made to the document (for now manually to check the approach), but I have not yet received feedback on the results.

Hello ,
Thanks for giving reference to this topic.
I can share my files (xml , xsl). Could you please verify this to latest version Aspose.PDF 24.2.0 —> BindXml

Thanks & Regards,
MK

@manish.kushwaha
Yes, of course, attach the files and I will create another task on this topic. This will likely draw more attention from the development team to this issue.

Attached XML and Xsl document…
InputDocument.zip (4.9 KB)

@manish.kushwaha

I tried to run the code with the data you attached with the library version 17.1 - however I get a System.Xml.XmlException: “Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 39.”

var doc = new Document();
doc.BindXml(dataDir + "SampleXML.xml", dataDir + "SanpleXSL.xsl");
doc.Save(dataDir + "XML-out.pdf");

When using the string

doc.BindXml(dataDir + "SampleXML.xml"); 

The file cannot be saved due to the absence of the Aspose.Font assembly, Version=17.1.0.

I understand correctly that the code

var doc = new Document();
doc.BindXml(dataDir + "SampleXML.xml");
doc.Save(dataDir + "XML-out.pdf");

works in version 17.1 and does not work in 24.02?

Yes , Its working for 17.1 but not working 24.2.0.
Please provide your finding why the input file is getting exception out on 24.2

I changed the .xsl file , hope this will work you for 17.1 - Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf() —> BindXML(xmlSample, xslSample) , but same file will not work for 24.2 - Aspose.Pdf.Document() —> BindXml(sampleXML, sampleXSL).
SampleFiles.zip (5.1 KB)

@manish.kushwaha
Thanks for the information - I’ll look into it and write to you tomorrow.

@manish.kushwaha
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56786

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

I would happy to go Paid support services but before that please confirm what is cause of this issue ?

@manish.kushwaha
As I wrote, the model (representation) of PDF documents in the program has changed and their presentation in XML has changed accordingly. Moreover, no converter was made for the previous version.
If the task is upgraded to priority support, development team will start working on it. (As it is, task can wait quite a long time for a decision). Moreover, since there is no documentation, interaction with the development team will be necessary - the edits they make will need to be checked for the XML files you have.

Interesting , because in ideal case formation of XML template should not impact if any new version release, in this case my understanding is some namespace/ class also getting change with xml template reading for pdf generate.

Could you please help to schedule a call so that we can discuss more on this.

@manish.kushwaha
Yes, in this case, the developers allowed a breaking change and did not provide backward compatibility.
The format of work on the forum does not involve calls.

Could you please assist for your paid service option ?

@manish.kushwaha
You can see the FAQ here.

You just need to write with your question on https://helpdesk.aspose.com/
they will increase the priority and you will interact with the priority support team.

Hi Aspose Support Team,

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a critical migration issue we are facing with Aspose.PDF.

We are currently using Aspose.PDF version 17.2 in our .NET Core 3.1 application.
However, we recently upgraded our application to .NET 8, and we discovered that Aspose.PDF version 17.2 is not compatible with .NET 8. After further investigation, we found that we need to upgrade to Aspose.PDF version 24.2 to ensure compatibility with .NET 8.

Unfortunately, upgrading to Aspose.PDF version 24.2 requires several changes in our codebase, which we need assistance from Aspose support.
Also, we have encountered a roadblock as we do not have a valid license for Aspose.PDF version 24.2.

Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in resolving the following issues:

Compatibility: We need guidance on the necessary code changes required to migrate from Aspose.PDF version 17.2 to version 24.2 in order to ensure compatibility with .NET 8. Any documentation or best practices you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

License: We would like to know the steps involved in obtaining a valid license for Aspose.PDF version 24.2. Please let us know the process and any specific information or documentation required from our end.

Due to the critical nature of this migration, we kindly request your support in expediting the resolution process. If possible, we would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with a fast communication channel, such as an email address or a direct phone number, where we can reach out to your support team for immediate assistance. This will help us resolve the issue as quickly as possible and minimize any potential downtime.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to your swift response and assistance in resolving this critical issue.

Thanks
Manish Kushwaha

@manish.kushwaha

We try to maintain backward compatibility and not change the existing public API and the logic of its operation. Unfortunately, sometimes this has to be done, sometimes it is simply skipped (as in the case of the above-mentioned BindXML), but such cases are rare. For evaluation, it is possible to obtain a temporary license (which is what you did, as I see).

Such formats are not provided; you can create topics on questions you have on this forum. To increase the priority of consideration of your tasks, you can use the paid support services.

Not able to attched solution files (Expectation for this requirement , file size is approx 180mb) , could you please guide on this.

@manish.kushwaha
The data is archived, placed on the cloud, and a link to the archive is posted here.